Unable to put host in 'Build' mode if power management is not configured
|Assigned To:||Shimon Shtein|
|Target version:||Team Ivan Iteration 7|
|Found in release:||Pull request:|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Description of problem:
Created a host through Satellite on RHEV-M. When power management is not configured 'Build' button fails to show review dialog which gives option to put host in build mode.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.2 Snap 17
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup RHEV-M where power management not configured.
2. Create host and either cancel build or wait for build process to complete.
3. Try to put host in build mode by selecting Host from All Host tab and clicking on 'Build' button. This fails to show review tab which has two options 'Cancel' or 'Build' hence not possible to again put host in build mode.
The review page does not load as power management is not configured, in production.log it fails with error as below,
| Foreman::Exception: ERF42-9958 [Foreman::Exception]: Unknown power management support - can't continue
The review tab should work, as it works on Satellite 6.1.9
Attaching production.log snip to know full traceback
#1 Updated by Shimon Shtein 3 months ago
- Subject changed from Unable to put host in 'Build' mode if power management is not configured on RHEV to Unable to put host in 'Build' mode if power management is not configured
- Assigned To set to Shimon Shtein
- Target version set to Team Ivan Iteration 7
This is due to code in HostsController#setBuild that tries to reboot the host without checking first that the host has valid power control.