Installation medium of host provisioned from Foreman should update when the base OS in updated.
|Target version:||Team Marek backlog|
|Found in release:||Pull request:|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Description of problem:
Installation medium of a host provisioned from Foreman should updated automatically when a base OS is upgraded.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.2 / Foreman 1.11+
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Build host on 6.6 from a hostgroup with 6.6 and 6.6 install media configured
2. Upgrade host to 6.8
3. Ensure that the host view in satellite shows 6.8 (Operating System RHEL Server 6.8)
4. Click build to rebuild host it will used the media attached earlier.
Installatoin medium is not getting updated when OS is updated.
When Base OS is updated Foreman should update the installation medium.
Customer is not using Puppet environment. Updating the installation medium will help customer on manually updating the medium, reduce update timing and also resolve medium validation error.
We could probably introduce some "auto-assign to new OS" checkbox to installation media. When new OS is created by facts upload, it could link existing media for a given host previous OS.
#1 Updated by Marek Hulán 8 months ago
- Subject changed from Installation medium of host provisioned from Foreman should update when the base OS in updated. to Installation medium of host provisioned from Foreman should update when the base OS in updated.
- Category changed from Unattended installations to Facts
- Target version set to Team Marek backlog