Version 16 (Ohad Levy, 04/15/2010 03:17 am)
h3. Browse your puppet hosts inventory(facts) and latest status (puppet reports)
* View your hosts based on various criteria (classes, Environments, hardware facts etc)
* Import Puppet facts (e.g. if you are not using Storeconfig, you can still have all of your hosts inventory).
* See host status based on puppet reports (E.g. what has changed, failed skipped etc)
* See a Dashboard like view for your nodes
* Trigger remote [[puppetrun]] via the web console
* [[Summarized E-Mail Reports]] - e.g. no more need for puppet's tagmail etc
h3. Define your nodes setup through Puppet [[External_Nodes]].
* use the web interface to define your nodes setup, avoiding the need for node statements in your manifest
* define special variable per nodes (or per group, domains etc) , so you don't need to put them as part of your manifests.
h3. [[Unattended installations|Provision your servers]] (currently supported Kickstart, Jumpstart and Preseed) hands free
You can use Foreman to install your servers for you! currently *tested* operating systems are:
* RedHat (CentOs) 3, 4 and 5.
* Fedora 10, 11, 12
* Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04
* Sparc Solaris 8, 10
That would also include everything which is required to get puppet running on your host (e.g.):
* PuppetCA management
* TFTP management
h3. Active Directory or [[LDAP Authentication]]
h3. Audit Log
* See who changed what in your hosts
h3. [[Query Interface]]
* Feed external tools information about your hosts based on inventory or puppet class values
* Allow puppet to query inside the manifest, allowing to have mini storeconfig like collection.
Any additional feature requests are welcome - please create a new issue