Version 43 (Ohad Levy, 04/05/2012 04:53 pm)
h3. Browse your puppet hosts inventory(facts), latest status (puppet reports) and manifests(puppet classes)
* View your hosts based on various criteria (classes, Environments, hardware facts etc)
* Import Puppet facts (e.g. if you are not using Storeconfig, you can still have all of your hosts inventory).
* See host status based on puppet reports (E.g. what has changed, failed skipped etc)
* See a Dashboard like view for your nodes
* Trigger remote [[puppetrun]] via the web console
* [[Summarized E-Mail Reports]] - e.g. no more need for puppet's tagmail etc
* [[Puppet class browser]]
* Manage user access via [[roles and permissions]]
h3. Define your nodes setup through Puppet [[External_Nodes]].
* use the web interface to define your nodes setup, avoiding the need for node statements in your manifest
* define special variable per nodes (or per group, domains etc) , so you don't need to put them as part of your manifests.
h3. [[Unattended installations|Provision your servers]] (currently supported Kickstart, Jumpstart, Preseed and autoyast) hands free
You can use Foreman to install your servers for you! currently *tested* operating systems are:
* RedHat (CentOs) 3, 4 and 5 and 6.
* Fedora 10 - 16
* Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04
* Debian Lenny, Squeeze
* Solaris 8, 10
* OpenSUSE 11.4
What about [[other operating system]]?
That would also include everything which is required to get puppet running on your host (e.g.):
* PuppetCA management
* TFTP management
* DNS management
* DHCP management
* Virtual machine management
h3. Active Directory or [[LDAP Authentication]]
h3. Audit Log
* See who changed what in your hosts
h3. [[Query Interface]]
* Please note the query interface is DEPRECATED, and may be removed at a future date, please check out the new [[API]]
* Feed external tools information about your hosts based on inventory or puppet class values
* Allow puppet to query inside the manifest, allowing to have mini storeconfig like collection.
h3. Extensive restful [[API]]
h3. "RemoteAdmin":http://remoteadmin.co Mobile App for Android and iOS
* Control your foreman environment from your mobile device
* assign puppet classes
* view reports
* modify hostgroup settings
* Extensive fact viewer with dynamic graphs of all your facts
h3. Command line tool [[Foremancli]]
* Current provides a command line tool to query the API in a read-only fashion, called foremancli
* Future enhancements to include a full git-style command/subcommand tool that supports all API features (Tentatively named hammer)
Any additional feature requests are welcome - please create a new issue