Browse your puppet hosts inventory(facts), latest status (puppet reports) and manifests(puppet classes)¶
- View your hosts based on various criteria (classes, Environments, hardware facts etc)
- Import Puppet facts (e.g. if you are not using Storeconfig, you can still have all of your hosts inventory).
- See host status based on puppet reports (E.g. what has changed, failed skipped etc)
- See a Dashboard like view for your nodes
- Trigger remote puppetrun via the web console
- Summarized E-Mail Reports - e.g. no more need for puppet's tagmail etc
- Puppet class browser
- Manage user access via roles and permissions
Define your nodes setup through Puppet External_Nodes.¶
- use the web interface to define your nodes setup, avoiding the need for node statements in your manifest
- define special variable per nodes (or per group, domains etc) , so you don't need to put them as part of your manifests.
Provision your servers (currently supported Kickstart, Jumpstart and Preseed) hands free¶You can use Foreman to install your servers for you! currently tested operating systems are:
- RedHat (CentOs) 3, 4 and 5 and 6(beta).
- Fedora 10, 11, 12, 13
- Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04
- Debian Lenny
- Sparc Solaris 8, 10
- PuppetCA management
- TFTP management
Active Directory or LDAP Authentication¶
- See who changed what in your hosts
- Feed external tools information about your hosts based on inventory or puppet class values
- Allow puppet to query inside the manifest, allowing to have mini storeconfig like collection.
Any additional feature requests are welcome - please create a new issue