All Foreman projects have source code hosted on GitHub under theforeman.
Creating a repository¶
An organisation admin has permission to create repos and assign the appropriate permissions. This is Ohad or Dominic - request on foreman-dev mailing list or IRC.
- Create the repo under theforeman at https://github.com/new
- Set a repo description and external URL if relevant
- Assign one or more teams with
Writelevel permission from the repo settings
- Most plugins should have a team with access all related repos
- Hammer CLI plugins should also have the "cli-tools" team assigned to help maintain it
- Smart proxy DNS plugins should also have the "Proxy DNS plugins" team assigned to help maintain it
- Add the prprocessor webhook if Redmine updates are desired
Further optional steps:
- Add the repo to prprocessor's list to enforce commit message styles
- Add the repo to Redmine's list of synced repositories. Add it under the Redmine project settings after.
- Add the repo to Jenkins' list of tested plugins
- Add it to the list of known Foreman plugins, smart proxy plugins or Hammer CLI plugins