Installation instructions » History » Version 65
Requirements for the foreman core component¶
before you start, make sure you have:
- Puppet >= 0.24-4
- rake >= 0.84
- ruby-sqlite3 (libsqlite3-ruby) if you are going to use sqlite as your database
- git (if installing from source )
The installation has been successfully tested on RHEL[5,6], Fedora[13,14], Debian Linux 5.0 (Lenny) and 6.0 (Squeeze) and Ubuntu Linux 10.04, 10.10, and 11.04. For older operating systems you might need additional packages (e.g. sqlite).
It is also known to work on Solaris and Mac.
- Using Puppet Module ready to use
- Debian-Ubuntu installation by packages
- RPM's distribution based installation
- Installing latest code
see also : Smart-Proxy Installation