Puppet Reports integration¶
This feature is applicable only to the development version of Foreman, and is planned to be part of version 0.1-1 when it comes out.
if you used git, make sure you update your source as described in Installation_instructions
Foreman uses a custom puppet reports (similar to tagmail or store) which simply upload the puppet report to Foreman.
This enables you to see the reports through the web interface.
- copy extras/puppet/reports/foreman.rb to your report directory - e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/puppet/reports/
- open the new file with your favorite editor
- edit the URL (unless you have a DNS alias for foreman already) to point to foreman.
- add this report in your puppetmaster reports - e.g, in your puppet.conf add:
- restart your puppetmaster
You should start seeing reports coming in under the reports link.
- enable the web interface to show more status - e.g. a dashboard
- Associate Users with Hosts, this will allow to send notifications (e.g. email) to the right users
- Send out a summary of all of yours hosts status per day
- Delete old reports