Puppet Reports integration¶
Note You need Foreman 0.1-1 or newer to support Puppet Reports.
Foreman uses a custom puppet reports (similar to tagmail or store) which simply upload the puppet report to Foreman.
This enables you to see the reports through the web interface in almost real time.
Ensure that the puppet clients has the following option in their puppet.conf:
report = true
Without it, no reports will be sent.
- copy extras/puppet/foreman/files/foreman-report.rb to your report directory - e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/puppet/reports/foreman.rb
- open the new file with your favorite editor
- edit the URL (unless you have a DNS alias for foreman already) to point to foreman.
- add this report in your puppetmaster reports - e.g, in your puppet.conf add:
and restart your puppetmaster
You should start seeing reports coming in under the reports link.
- enable the web interface to show more status - e.g. a dashboard
- Associate Users with Hosts, this will allow to send notifications (e.g. email) to the right users
- Send out a summary of all of yours hosts status per day
- Delete old reports