Release Notes for 0.1-5¶
Most of the pages have been rewritten, there are many changes:Search options
- Hosts (filter based on facts, based on host groups etc
- Facts (all hosts with fact x or with value y etc)
- Reports (show me all failed reports in the last 3 months etc)
- Audits (per user, per type – e.g. all hosts, per action – e.g. delete)
Improved Graphs for dashboard and per hostHost edit page now has a lot of logic
- Class selection depends on your chosen environment
- Class selection breaks down into modules, making it easy to navigate
- Inherited classes (via hostgroups), are also visible.
- Unattended settings will only show selection based on the os (e.g. no debian disk templates will be shown to redhat based os etc).
- Clone existing hosts (instead of choosing all of the options again)
- change a parameter for many hosts
- change host group for many hosts
- change environment for many hosts
Import new puppetclasses from the interface
- added support for dynamic disk layout
- added kickstart/preseed compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04, RHEL6 beta, Fedora 13
- support for customized kickstart files (e.g. if you use a package like rpm, you can create your own kickstart which will not be replaced on next update).
- medias can now be shared with many operating systems (e.g. with replacing variables for $arch or $version)
- x-rhn-provisioning headers support for booting from other devices than eth0
- added verbose mode, which will return all of hosts classes, facts and external node parameters.
- added query based on a hostgroup
- Host ownership (via a user or a user group) base infrastructure for per host authorization (e.g. who can change what) and sending the reports to the right people.
- Speed optimization when keeping many reports in the db
- Puppetdoc integration
- Foreman can generate puppetdoc (via a rack task, so you can add it to your repo post commits scripts), and links to the docs via the puppet classes page.
- Improved RPM packaging
- added startup script for foreman (uses webrick)
- moved all config files to /etc/foreman and /etc/sysconfig/foreman
- moved log files to /var/log and added logrotate support
- moved db files state dir
- Fact importer now imports the hardware model information