h1. Release Notes for 0.1-6
h1. Release Notes for 0.1-5
h2. Web interface
Most of the pages have been rewritten, there are many changes:
* Hosts (filter based on facts, based on host groups etc
* Facts (all hosts with fact x or with value y etc)
* Reports (show me all failed reports in the last 3 months etc)
* Audits (per user, per type – e.g. all hosts, per action – e.g. delete)
Improved Graphs for dashboard and per host
Host edit page now has a lot of logic
* Class selection depends on your chosen environment
* Class selection breaks down into modules, making it easy to navigate
* Inherited classes (via hostgroups), are also visible.
* Unattended settings will only show selection based on the os (e.g. no debian disk templates will be shown to redhat based os etc).
* Clone existing hosts (instead of choosing all of the options again)
Perform changes on many hosts at once
* change a parameter for many hosts
* change host group for many hosts
* change environment for many hosts
Import new puppetclasses from the interface
h2. Unattended installations
* added support for dynamic disk layout
* added kickstart/preseed compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04, RHEL6 beta, Fedora 13
* support for customized kickstart files (e.g. if you use a package like rpm, you can create your own kickstart which will not be replaced on next update).
* medias can now be shared with many operating systems (e.g. with replacing variables for $arch or $version)
* x-rhn-provisioning headers support for booting from other devices than eth0
h2. Query interface
* added verbose mode, which will return all of hosts classes, facts and external node parameters.
* added query based on a hostgroup
* Host ownership (via a user or a user group) base infrastructure for per host authorization (e.g. who can change what) and sending the reports to the right people.
* Speed optimization when keeping many reports in the db
* Puppetdoc integration
** Foreman can generate puppetdoc (via a rack task, so you can add it to your repo post commits scripts), and links to the docs via the puppet classes page.
* Improved RPM packaging
** added startup script for foreman (uses webrick)
** moved all config files to /etc/foreman and /etc/sysconfig/foreman
** moved log files to /var/log and added logrotate support
** moved db files state dir
* Fact importer now imports the hardware model information