Prioritize attribute order in puppet classes limited to 255 chars
|Triaged:||Fixed in Releases:|
|Bugzilla link:||1458817||Found in Releases:|
Description of problem:
Prioritize attribute order feature for puppet class override does not allow more than 255 characters.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 6.2.9
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Sat Webui, "Configure" --> "Classes" --> Select a class
2. Go to "Smart Class Parameter" --> Select a class and click on override
3. Enter/paste more than 255 chars in the "Order" field and try to save it
Errors out with "is too long (maximum is 255 characters)"
Should get accepted
Customer is trying for 604 chars
#1 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia about 1 year ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Priority changed from High to Normal
This is really an RFE, the field 'Order' is only meant to contain the types of matchers, not the values of the matchers themselves.
Instead I believe you want to input hostgroup labels directly and have Foreman automatically understand you want to match hostgroups params in a certain order.
We can trivially remove the limit but it won't help with the goal you have, as the field isn't meant for that, hence why I'm changing it to RFE (it makes sense though)