Foreman Ruby 19x¶
Here are some basic instructions to get you going with a newer version of Ruby, since most vendors will still only package 1.8.7 as the most recent.
Okay here's what I have so far. It all seems to work fine, but mind you I didn't do a full QA pass on Foreman or anything like that. To scale it out you'd need to look into apache-passenger or nginx-passenger, which will be very manual configurations as you can't use the foreman installer with this method.
I needed a whole bunch of RPMs beforehand though, so depending on your system, packages, etc.. I had to do the following:
yum install gcc gcc-c++ make libxml2-devel libxml2 libxml2-devel libxslt-devel
1. So setup your new ruby environment by either compiling it yourself, or using RVM.
2. Make a foreman directory, and git clone https://github.com/theforeman/foreman.git .
3. in the conf dir: cp settings.yaml.example settings.yaml and cp database.yml.example database.yml and make your changes
4. Edit the config/settings.yaml and add: :puppetgem: true
5. echo "gem 'puppet'" > bundler.d/Gemfile.local.rb
6. bundle install --without mysql mysql2 sqlite test --path vendor
7. RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:migrate
8. ./script/rails s -e production
That should get Foreman up and running. Part two will involve setting up Foreman Proxy (TBD)