Take ownership of ruby-newt package
|Assigned To:||Lukas Zapletal|
|Target version:||Image 3.0.0|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
There is only one ruby bindings for newt currently, but it is working just fine. Originally at +http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~Nori/ruby/dist/ruby-newt-20020105.tar.gz and forked and maintained for few months at https://github.com/ericsperano/ruby-newt. It looks like the guy was doing more or less random stuff and all of it can go away, except https://github.com/ericsperano/ruby-newt/commit/586a78850d60890aa36d26cd436e7b56541af7b9 and https://github.com/ericsperano/ruby-newt/pull/2/files. With the patches above, it is possible to build the library using "ruby ext/ruby_newt/extconf.rb" just fine.
- for the original project
- apply both improvements
- convert it to simple gem
- make the initial release on rubygems
- packages for Red Hat (non-scl only) and Debian
- implement missing newtComponentTakesFocus function
- add missing flags (NEWT_FLAG_PASSWORD specifically for password input)
I contacted the forked project owner and asked for permissions on rubygems.org so we can take from there. If this does not work, we can pick some name for the project (newtng?) as newt is already taken and carry on.
#3 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assigned To set to Lukas Zapletal
New version 0.9.4 released.