Changing role of user the ownership of its hosts gets removed & unable to edit users organization & location
|Assigned To:||Marek Hulán|
|Category:||Organizations and Locations|
|Target version:||Team Marek Iteration 4|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3732|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1238714
Description of problem:
Changing the role of user results in removal of its ownership from the hosts.
Also not able to edit the organization and location of that user.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. The host profile which was owned by the user.
i.e after changing the role of user (in this case site-manager) the additional information tab of host profile reset the 'owned by' field to 'select an owner' but properties page shows the owner as same user.
2. The default assigned organization & location fields of user gets grayed because of point 1 once the role is changed.
3. After re-submitting the 'owned by' value of host profile, the default assigned organization and location gets removed from the user profile and need to re-add them.
After re-adding the organization and location to the user profile, the user is again visible under desired organization & location.
Also can be set that user as owner to host which owned by it previously.
1. User is not listed under respective organization/location.
2. Host ownership gets changed to 'Admin'
satellite webui --> Hosts --> All Hosts --> Click on host profile --> Edit --> Additional Information --> 'Owned By'
But the value donot change at satellite webui --> Hosts --> All Hosts --> Click on host profile --> Details --> Owner
3. As the user is locked with hosts details page, it not possible to edit it and re-add the organization/location to it.
After changing the role of user the host ownership still should remain same and the user should be present under the selected organization & location.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 1 year ago
- Category set to Authorization
- Priority changed from High to Normal
The steps are rather unclear, it would be useful to reiterate precisely what's being changed. Is it a user editing self?
It sounds like you're describing a visibility issue in the host's owner select list, causing it to be changed.
#3 Updated by Marek Hulán 11 months ago
- Category changed from Authorization to Organizations and Locations
1. create a user not assigned to any org/loc
2. create a host in some org/loc
3. update host owner via hammer (webui would not let you), e.g. hammer host update --owner ares --id a.example.tst
API lets you assign owner from different or none org/loc.
API does not allow you to do this (web ui does not expose such users in select box already). Also webui should check parameters in assigning action, see below.
I tested carefully and it has nothing to do with reassigning role, that seems to work just fine. You can achieve the same bug through webui if you open 2 tabs, in one load the host edit form before you change user orgs/locs, then submit it with old select box. This means we should verify the parameters in assigning action too.