Puppet classes inherited from a parent host group should indicate which one
|Assigned To:||Sebastian Gräßl|
|Target version:||Team Daniel - Iteration 9|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4152|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1318534
1. Proposed title of this feature request
- [RFE ]Puppet classes inherited from a parent should indicate which one
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
- The existing host inherits puppet classes from a host group hierarchy. It would be helpful if the webui indicated the source of the inherited class.
For example, /hosts/hostname.example.com/edit -> Puppet Classes
The Included Classes column gives not hint about the source of the included classes.
The tooltip is "Already included from parent".
Could the module name be converted into a link to the parent resource?
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?