Provisioning templates are not usable for location when: "All provisioning templates" is checked for that location.
|Assigned To:||Marek Hulán|
|Category:||Organizations and Locations|
|Target version:||Team Marek Iteration 5|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3972|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Reporting on behalf of Petr Balogh
I am facing the issue when I use locations and have enabled: "All provisioning templates" for that location.
Seems that it doesn't work at all.
Work around which solved my problem is uncheck this checkbox and assign all provision templates for this location.
Foreman version is: 1.12.4
#1 Updated by Marek Hulán 11 months ago
- Assigned To changed from Marek Hulán to Oded Ramraz
- create a non-admin user in org A
- make org A ignoring provisioning templates - in it's form go to provisioning templates and check "All provisioning templates"
- create OS with PXELinux template correctly associated, verify you can save a host with such OS under admin account
- make sure that this PXELinux template is not associated to any organization
- login as that user, go to host edit form, change OS to the one you've prepared, you will see "No PXELinux templates were found for this host, make sure you define at least one in your $os settings or change PXE loader"
The reason is that we do
Taxonomy.no_taxonomy_scope block but ignoring only works for correctly set
Organization.current. Same applies for locations.
Host#provisioning_template should respect host's taxonomies.