Creating override-value-order for smart classes using CLI doesnt handle comma delimited order
|Assigned To:||Ori Rabin|
|Target version:||Foreman - Team Ivan Iteration 15|
|Found in release:||Pull request:|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Description of problem:
When setting an override-value-order for an sc-param hammer is not
correctly parsing the comma delimited order, rather taking that
comma delimited list as a single argument.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. hammer -u admin -p password sc-param update --override true --default-value ["10.37.224.254"] --id 129 --parameter-type array --override-value-order fqdn','datacentre','region','lifecycle_environment','hostgroup','datacentre,lifecycle_environment'
It's creating a single order value
It should create an ordered list, ie.
#2 Updated by Martin Bacovsky 7 months ago
I'd suggest to use List normalizer for the override-value-order parameter. It can be achieved by using Array type for override-value-order in https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/blob/698e916ce208b5040b83a908a058c83c94d158ee/app/controllers/api/v2/smart_class_parameters_controller.rb#L49
The normalizer needs to be fixed to support commas in the values (#17180) though. The related blocking issue was attached.
#4 Updated by Tomáš Strachota 6 months ago
- Subject changed from Creating override-value-order for smart classes using CLI doesnt handle comma delimited order to Indistinguishable multiple matchers for override value order
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assigned To set to Tomáš Strachota
- Target version set to Team Marek Iteration 6
#5 Updated by Tomáš Strachota 6 months ago
- Subject changed from Indistinguishable multiple matchers for override value order to Creating override-value-order for smart classes using CLI doesnt handle comma delimited order
- Status changed from Assigned to New
- Assigned To deleted (
- Target version deleted (
Team Marek Iteration 6)