upgrade packages to use nodejs version 4.x
|Assigned To:||Michael Moll|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1421|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
some of the infrastructure (el7, jessie, trusty) uses nodejs v0.10, which is EOL.
All supported OSes can provide version >= 4.x using either epel or nodesource, which are supported and support es6 syntax.
This will also likely improve speed of asset compilation.
#1 Updated by Michael Moll 3 months ago
I opened https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-infra/pull/258 for adding the apt repos to the builders where needed and https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1421 for the DEB packaging part.
For the RPM part: EPEL does bring node 6.x now, so that should be a "yum update" and I think it would be good to have updated nodes in general, anyway... Then the version can get raised in the RPM specs also.
It's currently not possible to go to 6.x on Debian/Ubuntu, as nodesource does not provide aarch64 builds.
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal 3 months ago
- Project changed from Foreman to Packaging
- Subject changed from upgrade infrastructure to use supported nodejs versions to upgrade packages to use nodejs version 4.x
- Category changed from Packaging to Debian/Ubuntu
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assigned To set to Michael Moll
- Release set to 1.14.0
#4 Updated by Michael Moll 3 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman-packaging|c4945cbb21e5a879ca4f882d3793ab7bd3dcf273.