Foreman uses docker0 ip address as primary interface if docker package is installed
|Assigned To:||Thomas McKay|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4233|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Description of problem:
While provisioning a new host which has docker package installed the primary network interface foreman is using is set to docker0 instead of eth0.
This prevents edit and rebuild operations of this host.
Provision a new host using a Puppet module or provisioning template to install docker package.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Provision a host using docker package
2. Go to Hosts -> All Hosts -> Select the host
3. IP Address is set to docker0 IP which is not reachable from Sat6
docker0 IP is set to primary interface
eth0 should be the primary interface used by foreman
As a workaround you can disable update_environment_from_facts: Go to Administer -> Settings -> Puppet and set update_environment_from_facts to False (default: true).
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Foreman uses docker0 ip address as primary interface if docker package is installed to Foreman uses docker0 ip address as primary interface if docker package is installed
- Category changed from Unattended installations to Importers
Please attach the server log showing the fact imports, the facts hash, and details of the network interfaces (identifiers, names, MACs, IPs) before the facts upload. It's unclear from the description what exactly is being changed on import.