Host associated subscription links are incorrect as well as the associated host in RH Subscriptions
|Assigned To:||John Mitsch|
|Target version:||Team Brad - Iteration 13|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
|Release||Katello Recycle Bin||Release relationship||Auto|
Description of problem:
Link to subscription listed in the Content host -> Subscriptions are pointing to an incorrect subscription or even to non-existing subscription. Also the page RH Subscriptions -> (Subscription) -> Associations -> Hosts does not show any associated host mainly for the VDC subscription.
On system with multiple subscriptions, install new HyperVisor, attach VDC subscription with some other available subscriptions for sake of debug. You will be able to see wrong links in the content host detail page as well as no host associated for the VDC subscription on the RH Subscriptions page although there is clearly mentioned that the subscription is being consumed.
1) Links in Content Hosts -> Detail of the host -> Subscriptions to the subscription detail page are wrong.
2) Associated hosts list in RH Subscriptions -> Subscription detail -> Associations -> Hosts are not listed
1) Link will be corrected
2) Page will list all hosts to which was the subscription assigned
The reason for the 1) issue, probably even both issues is discrepancy between subscription_id and id in the API JSON response, where the subscription_id for the link is being used instead of id.
API Response snippet:
name: "Employee SKU",
product_name: "Employee SKU",
Links in the WebUI generated based on the above response:
The ID in the above link should be 4 in this case.
#1 Updated by Brad Buckingham 12 months ago
- Subject changed from Host associated subscription links are incorrect as well as the associated host in RH Subscriptions to Host associated subscription links are incorrect as well as the associated host in RH Subscriptions
- Target version set to Team Brad - Iteration 11
- Release set to Katello Backlog