Content hosts show red untitled status from webui yet subscribed from command line, as well as green fully entitled with no subscription attached
|Assigned To:||Chris Roberts|
|Target version:||Team Brad - Iteration 12|
|Difficulty:||easy||Pull request:||https://github.com/Katello/puppet-katello/pull/168, https://github.com/Katello/puppet-qpid/pull/51, https://github.com/Katello/puppet-qpid/pull/66|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
|Release||Katello 3.4.0||Release relationship||Auto|
copied from BZ:
#1 Updated by Chris Roberts about 1 year ago
Description of problem:
When looking at the webui, under hosts > content hosts > then searching for
subscription_status != valid
all red content hosts show up, yet a number of these show errata/security updates in the webui, as well as can yum update
The below commands all confirm that the system is fully entitled.
- subscription-manager status
- subscription-manager list --consumed
Running a # subscription-manager refresh does not update the webui.
content hosts are using derived skus ( virt-who set up correctly)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: 100% in customers environment
Steps to Reproduce:
1. register system, with or without activation key
2. subscription-manager attach --auto or attach using pool id to valid subscription
3. # subscription-manager status shows fully entitled # yum update is successful.
4. confirmed not using 24 hour sku, 100% using proper subscription from hosts
5. subscription-manager fresh
Actual results: content host shows red, and unentitled
Expected results: content hosts should show green with have a valid subscription. Same as hosts that have no subscription attached should be red.
Additional info: Satellite is also showing incorrect colors for content hosts that have only been registered and show no subscription attached.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset puppet-katello|ba8aae68386aa352149822fd9937decdf2677232.