Hammer organization/location list doesn't show parents
|Assigned To:||Tomáš Strachota|
|Category:||Organizations and locations|
|Target version:||Foreman - Team Marek Iteration 15|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/hammer-cli-foreman/pull/299|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Customer uses a lot of parents for their locations, but these are not showed when using hammer, resulting in a list that isn't usable.
Since you have to specify the location when you deploy a host it would be nice to see the full-name including parents.
Have a location named A and create a location named B, for which A is a parent and location C for which B is a parent.
"hammer location list" lists locations as "A", "B" and "C", customer would like to have an option lo list full names of location, in this case "A", "A/B" and "A/B/C", the same way as it is done in WebUI location list.
Fixes #19157 - Enable taxonomy titles
Names of locations and organizations aren't globally unique. Without
titles it's impossible to reference organizations or locations with the
same name nested in different parent.
- adds Title to output of organization and location list
- adds --location-title[s] and --organization-title[s] to all commands that
- print titles instead of names for taxonomy references
#1 Updated by Tomáš Strachota 9 months ago
- Subject changed from Hammer organization/location list doesn't show parents to Hammer organization/location list doesn't show parents
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assigned To set to Tomáš Strachota
- Target version set to Team Marek Iteration 13
- Difficulty set to trivial
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset hammer-cli-foreman|0eeef866e514f4587326363d4851efa991d62f4f.