renaming a node does not change the certname
|Assigned To:||Aaron Stone|
|Target version:||Sprint 27|
|Found in release:||1.4.2||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1604|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
1. Create a new host with the name 'test.example.com'
2. Render a provisioning template containing @host.certname. Output should contain 'test.example.com'
3. provision the host (I've not checked this step, but solely creating the host does not seem enough to repro this)
3. Edit the host and change the hostname to 'different.example.com'
4. Render a provisioning template containing @host.certname.
Expected output 'different.example.com'
Actual output 'test.example.com'
My specific use-case is renaming kickstartable hosts. When the certname does not change together with the hostname, this causes massive havok when trying to rebuild hosts.
#2 Updated by Aaron Stone almost 4 years ago
Related to #3222. Instead of zapping the certificate only if we've changed from uuid to named certificates, what if we always zap the certificate when we're in hostname mode? This will handle both the case described in #3222 (changing from uuid to hostname) and also when renaming a machine with hostname certnames.