414 Request URI too long when attempting to perform an incremental update on a large amount of errata
If you scroll down so you have > 20 errata and then attempt to select all and apply you will get a 414 when attempting to apply.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Ensure you have content hosts with applicable errata
2. Go to the errata page
3. Scroll down (I only needed to scroll down one set, i.e. 40 results with my hostname)
4. Click select all
5. Click apply
6. Note 414
#1 Updated by Walden Raines almost 8 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1208678
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5165 added
- Pull request deleted (
#3 Updated by Walden Raines almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|9b270778a439882b07ade7c9ba55de211295f648.
#4 Updated by Eric Helms almost 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
Fixes #10011: fix long URI error when applying errata BZ 1208678.
Regrettably use POST instead of GET when obtaining a list of
content hosts for an errata in order to avoid long URI issue.