externally cancelled pulp tasks are treated as successful
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1203402
Description of problem:
Currently restarting pulp_workers will cause any 'stuck' or running tasks to be cancelled. This is fine and expected. The problem is that katello isn't recognizing those as an error, but instead is treating them as successful and continuing normally.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start some long process like a content view publish
2. After it has gotten started, but before it finishes kill the pulp workers
3. Watch the task complete successfully, even though some of the pulp tasks were 'cancelled'
note it may take several tries to get this right
dynflow process 'completes' successfully even though some things did not occur
The task should error, and require the user to resume it
#1 Updated by Ivan Necas almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5194 added
- Pull request deleted (
#3 Updated by Eric Helms almost 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#4 Updated by Ivan Necas almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|d5ad3e7d451968bfbe28adc3cc35e93434299411.
Fixes #10249 - treat canceled tasks as errors
This gives the indication that the task was not finished properly and
should be resumed. Without this patch, we always treated it as
success, which is not correct behavior.