hammer repository upload-content throws error: "Error: Too many open files"
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1206734
Description of problem:
It seems that when uploading multiple files hammer keeps an open file handle on all of them. This causes the system to run out of file handles when trying to upload a large repository.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. in a directory with more rpms than your `ulimit -n` do a 'hammer repository upload-content --name='TestLinux 6.5 content' --organization=Default_Organization --path=./'
upload fails with error:
Could not upload the content:
Error: Too many open files - ./somefile.rpm
repository uploads successfully.
#1 Updated by Eric Helms almost 8 years ago
- Category changed from Hammer to API
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/hammer-cli-katello/pull/298 added
- Pull request deleted (
#3 Updated by Adam Ruzicka almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset hammer-cli-katello|d5b4bd12de12addd65874fd63452500123b28838.
Fixes #10561,BZ1206734 - repository content-upload opens files one by