Docker tag published at information should not contain uppercase chars or not valid docker image name chars
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1230777
Description of problem:
Information provided by the tag listing is not accurate. Docker does not allow uppercase chars. Even though the information is not all lowercase the image is published at a lowercase only URL. This happens only when the docker image is published within a content view.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Product, add a docker repository (with uppercase letter in the name) and sync it.
2. Create a Content View (with uppercase letters in the name), add the created docker repository and publish it
3. Go to the "Content > Docker Tags". Look for the image "Published at" column it will be displaying something like the attached screenshot.
The "Published at" information does not match the real published at URL.
The "Published at" information matches the real published at URL.
The information is not accurate because by manually turning all the URL to lowercase it works.
[root@ibm-x3250m4-06 ~]# docker pull ibm-x3250m4-06.example.com:5000/default_organization-library-Containers_CV-DockerProduct-RHEL:latest
FATA0000 Invalid repository name (default_organization-library-Containers_CV-DockerProduct-RHEL), only [a-z0-9-_.] are allowed
[root@ibm-x3250m4-06 ~]# docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
[root@ibm-x3250m4-06 ~]# docker pull ibm-x3250m4-06.example.com:5000/default_organization-library-containers_cv-dockerproduct-rhel:latest
Trying to pull repository ibm-x3250m4-06.example.com:5000/default_organization-library-containers_cv-dockerproduct-rhel ...
65de4a13fc7c: Download complete
Status: Downloaded newer image for ibm-x3250m4-06.example.com:5000/default_organization-library-containers_cv-dockerproduct-rhel:latest
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5296 added
- Pull request deleted (
#2 Updated by David Davis almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|c31947ce81c73496bf4aaf2728a97d7eaec9746d.
#3 Updated by Eric Helms over 7 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Fixes #10804 - Fixing full_path for docker repos BZ1230777