Resetting dashboard to default widgets adds no widgets
When resetting the dashboard to the default widgets in a development environment, it may not add any widgets. To reproduce, edit app/services/dashboard/manager.rb and then click restore.
It appears that the class Dashboard::Manager stores a list of default widgets in a class variable which is only initialised via Dashboard::Loader on boot. When the Manager class gets reloaded by Rails, it loses the list of default widgets.
Adding a require on dashboard/manager to config/initializers/foreman.rb may disable autoloading of the class, or move logic into dashboard/loader.
- Related to Refactor #8106: Save dashboard widgets in DB to increase flexibility added
- Has duplicate Bug #14300: after removing dashboard widgets none are listed to add back added
- Bugzilla link set to 1319825
- Related to Bug #19317: Plugin and dashboard widget registry auto-reloaded added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4472 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Refactor #19464: Move Dashboard::Manager out of app/registries/ to permit autoloading added
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 240
Also available in: Atom