support hostname naming standards
Hostname conventions should be configurable for each installation of foreman.
These hostnames should be enforced when a new host is created.
Tis could be implemented via a rulebase or an external script
you mean for each host type right?
additionally, can we also support in the other way around - e.g. when a new hosts is added to foreman (e.g. through a puppet report or a fact import) that a hostgroup can be automatically be assigned?
- Subject changed from hostnames should be configurable for each installation to support hostname naming standards
- Assignee set to Paul Kelly
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Status changed from Closed to Assigned
I assume you didn't plan to close this one as well :)
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
cant we simple extend the hostgroup with a regexp attribute?
- Category set to Host creation
- Target version set to 0.3
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Assignee deleted (
I change it to "New". It is a valid feature request :)
It would be great if you besides random-based and mac-based name-generator could specify an external script which would provide a hostname.
Also available in: Atom