Document association of compute profiles to host groups
The API should document the compute_profile_id parameter on the hostgroups controller to allow association of compute profiles to host groups.
I'd like to be able to use hammer to:
- associate compute profiles to existing host groups;
- update compute profiles that are associated to existing host groups;
The use case is: as an automator, I'd like to use hammer to create a host group and then associate compute profiles with distinctive configurations for each profile. For instance, if I associate a "1-small" profile to my host group, I then would like to specify the disk size and network device to be used whenever I provision a new host using this host group with the "1-small" profile.
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Add hammer command to handle compute profiles to Document association of compute profiles to host groups
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to API
- Difficulty set to trivial
I'm changing this to only be about the first issue listed, associating of compute profiles to host groups, which should be trivial to do via API docs.
The latter issue about general profile and attributes management is already tracked via #6344.