"katello-service list" doesn't work on Satellite 6 installed on RHEL7
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1213382
Description of problem:
katello-service list has discrepancy in listing the output of "katello-service list" as the script check for output of chkconfig for the all the katello services, which of course wouldn't work on the EL7 system as it uses systemd to list unit-files.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.0.x and Satellite 6.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Satellite 6.0.x or Satellite 6.1 Beta
2. Execute "katello-service list"
"katello-service list" command is broken on EL7, which perfectly works in EL6
"katello-service list" should work in EL7 as well.
Checking the /usr/bin/katello-service file we see the below section which checks for the output of chkconfig for list command
for service in $SERVICES; do
if [ -e /etc/init.d/$service -o -e /lib/systemd/system/$service.service ]; then
/sbin/chkconfig $service "$@"
if [ $E_STAT -ne 0 ]; then
#1 Updated by Eric Helms over 7 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello-packaging/pull/34 added
- Pull request deleted (
#3 Updated by Stephen Benjamin over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
fixes #11249 - return `katello list` command