Unable to cancel "request is being processed" window when editing a host
when you click "edit" in a host you have that modal:
Please wait while your request is being processed"
The modal has a close (X) button, I was expecting it just to cancel the action but it only hides the modal and the edit request keeps processing.
1. Remove the Close button
2. Really cancel the action
I think this applies in several locations
- Subject changed from Unable to cancel ah to Unable to cancel editing a host
- Description updated (diff)
- Related to Bug #2592: No indication when waiting for host dashboard button action to complete added
- Subject changed from Unable to cancel editing a host to Unable to cancel "request is being processed" window when editing a host
- Category set to Web Interface
- Assignee set to Alon Goldboim
Alon, I am not working on this now, so feel free to take it! :)
Its bad UX but i can see that the purpose of the close button was to close the alert panel and not cancel the routing.
Im removing the btn.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2817 added
- Pull request deleted (
This is annoying when you have a request that fails. It would be better to really be able to cancel the request (maybe with an explicit cancel button)
Another behaviour would be that when a request fails an error message replaces modal.
It is very annoying not to have the close button when you have 500 errors or network errors.
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 63
Seems your comment was missed, it's been merged without cancelling the request - only removing the button.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Also available in: Atom