Smart Class Parameters mangle erb interpolated variables
This occurs on the class level. Hosts, hostgroups and nested hostgroups appear to have the correct behavior. This occurs in the nightly (October 7, 2015) installed with a default foreman-installer setup, as well as in version 1.9.2.
When adding a parameter override of type array, yaml or hash that has an element which is an interpolated erb value, the first time one clicks submit, the values appear correctly.
Open the class again and you will see that the parameter overrides have been mangled. Click submit, and the yaml values for the host will show true for arrays and hashs, and will be prefixed by multiple instances of the following (and it gets longer each submission):
! '--- ! "---\r\n
Looks like I missed two screenshots.
- Category set to Parameters
Appears superficially similar to #11375, but that was a host common -> lookup values association issue, so it isn't applicable to this bug which can be reproduced entirely from the Puppet class edit form.
- Has duplicate Bug #12117: The web-interface dose not handle smart class parameters that contain templates correctly added
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2806 added
- Pull request deleted (
- Related to Bug #11375: Smart class parameters turn YAML to string when using a multi line yaml added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 104
Also available in: Atom