Puppet classes from Host Group are not populated when creating a new Host
Description of problem:
Noticed that when I tried to create a new Host and selected my Host Group (which contains information about which puppet class to include), the puppet class section was not automatically populated with the puppet class I had selected for my Host Group:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Host Group and add any puppet class to it
2. Create a new Host and use the Host Group created above
The puppet class added in Host Group is not automatically added to the new Host form.
The puppet class added in Host Group should be automatically added to the new Host form.
This bug has impact on 'Parameters' tab in New Host as the parameters in New Host page are displaying twice.
That is one from itself(by selecting puppet class while creating new host) and second from Host Group.
Also the referred downstream bug has been already closed with fix.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Puppet classes from Host Group are not populated when creating a new Host to Puppet classes from Host Group are not populated when creating a new Host
- Status changed from New to Need more information
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) deleted (
Can you show the Puppet classes tab, which is presumably where you're checking if it's associated?
Please also include production.log at debug level (http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.10/index.html#7.2Debugging) during the selection of the host group.
Not sure how the double listing of class parameters is related, sounds like you're following different reproducer steps for that.
#2 Updated by Thomas McKay about 6 years ago
- Bugzilla link deleted (
Seemingly related to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269229
#3 Updated by Jitendra Yejare almost 6 years ago
- File puppetClass_TabFromHost.png puppetClass_TabFromHost.png added
- File puppet class selected in HG.png puppet class selected in HG.png added
- File HG Selected in Hoat.png HG Selected in Hoat.png added
I see This issue is reproducible on the build of 26th Feb 2016.
I am attaching the screenshot here