Ping API call to error out early when user enters incorrect Foreman credentials
I was trying pxe-less discovery via external capsule and using FDI image "fdi-bootable-3.0.4.iso".
Steps to reproduce:
1. boot the VM/host using unmodified ISO
2. select the Manual network configuration option since dhcp feature was disabled on capsule.
3. on Foreman Credentials screen
a) Specify the URL
b) select connection-type 'Server' instead of 'Proxy'
Ideally user should get an error but user successfully moved to next "Custom Facts" screen. And on clicking 'Confirm' button', first screen "Manual Pxe-less workflow" appears.
Note: In case user enters incorrect URL with incorrect domain or without any port then also user should get an error.
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Error message should be popped out when user selects connetion type "Server" instread of "Proxy" while discovery the host via external capsule to Ping API call to error out early when user enters incorrect Foreman credentials
- Category changed from Discovery plugin to Image
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Yeah, but for technical reasons I am unable to do connection test as there is no API for this. We can implement this later, this will need a bigger change in both Plugin and Proxy Plugin to create a "ping" API call. Good idea. I don't see a BZ associated with this one, please do not create any.
So we can create the call plus Test connection button or something like that.