Nicer error when refresh facts generates 500
Since timeout on discovered host is not an uncommon event, I would prefer that timeout would not generate 500 on the server side, but rather provide a nicer error:
Could not get facts from proxy https://10.35.27.150:8443: Connection timed out - connect(2) for "10.35.27.150" port 8443
If you feel this is an error with Foreman itself, please open a new issue with Foreman ticketing system, You would probably need to attach the Full trace , relevant log entries, and it is highly recommended to also attach the foreman-debug output.
#1 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from refresh facts generates 500 to Nicer error when refresh facts generates 500
- Category set to Discovery plugin
Sure, on my radar for quite some time :-)
#2 Updated by Ohad Levy over 7 years ago
note: this is also the same when the proxy is off (connection refused).
#3 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_discovery/pull/251 added
#4 Updated by Anonymous about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman_discovery|5ec1ccacb2b2cafff34a07d60964fa40b165e5d2.
#5 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 7 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1313667
Fixes #12559 - Refresh Facts and reboot errors reporting fixed