Consider adding a per-user API key
Many Rails apps support authentication via a per user API key. If it's not too much work, we may wish to add this as an option.
- Target version set to 1.1
would the oauth implementation would suffice ?
Welll.. As I understand, Oauth is to allow external auth sources. (You need a third party oauth trusted authentication source, no?)
When I created this ticket, I was thinking of a native API key, that each user could generate and revoke for their own accounts, so they didn't have to bake their pw into scripts and what not... (Correct me if I am misunderstanding what you are proposing with Oauth).
- Target version deleted (
- Has duplicate Feature #4331: allow for per-user oauth api keys added
- Related to Feature #1576: Implement oauth authentication and authorization added
- Subject changed from Consider adding an API key to Consider adding a per-user API key
- Related to Feature #8016: Ability to use tokenized authentication to hammer in lieu of username/password in configuration file. added
- Related to Feature #8852: add token-based authentication feature for API added
- Related to Bug #18245: Enabling OAuth is too dangerous added
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Timo Goebel
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4597 added
- Related to Feature #21394: add an api for personal access tokens added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/7806 added
- Related to Feature #31080: Add UI for managing Personal Access Tokens added
- Pull request deleted (
Also available in: Atom