InvalidLogin: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user" when trying to provision a new host
We are having for some time this problem and it is not even consistent. We can work for few days without any issue and all of the sudden, "InvalidLogin: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user" when trying to provision a new host.
Logging into vsphere manually works fine.
this is the error message
016-01-31 05:06:18 [I] Rendered text template (0.0ms)
2016-01-31 05:06:18 [I] Completed 200 OK in 170ms (Views: 0.6ms | ActiveRecord: 14.7ms)
2016-01-31 05:06:18 [W] Failed to destroy a compute tlvvc01 (VMware) instance testvm : InvalidLogin: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password./opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.29.0/lib/fog/vsphere/compute.rb:443:in `rescue in authenticate'
1. Did any of you encounter this in foreman?
2. Does foreman connect to the LDAP or locally for VMWARE?
When clicking test connection button (or load datacenters) on an
existing compute resource, the password field is disabled. If the
password was changed prior to testing the connection and then the form
is saved, this will cause the new password to not be transmitted to the
server, leading to the previous password remaining in the database.
#2 Updated by Shlomi Zadok over 3 years ago
- Edit vmware compute resource, Change the username and / or password.
- Click on "Load datacenters"
On save, the new credentials (password specifically) are not sent.Workaround (until fixed):
- Set new username / password.
- Do not click on "load datacenters"
new credentials are saved.
#6 Updated by Tomer Brisker over 1 year ago
- Assignee set to Tomer Brisker
- Status changed from Resolved to Assigned
- Category changed from Compute resources - VMware to Compute resources
This is still an issue in all compute resources that have a password field. When pressing test connection, the password field becomes disabled, leading to previous password being preserved in the database.