ensure that Docker 'latest' tags work correctly in Katello
It's a common practice to have a tag that points to the latest version of a docker image. For example, you may have "fedora" that points to the latest Fedora.
We need to test to confirm this works as expected in Katello. The test would be as follows:
- create a local docker registry, upload a version of busybox (slightly older version is better but not strictly needed), tag it as "latest-busybox"
- sync registry into Katello and deploy latest-busybox via foreman-docker plugin
- upload a different (ideally, newer) version of busybox to local registry, tag as "latest-busybox"
- sync registry into Katello, verify 'latest-busybox' is correct in all places
- deploy again with foreman-docker, verify you get the version you expect
This may already work out of the box but might not. This ticket is to test this scenario and perform any needed fixes.
#1 Updated by Chris Duryee over 7 years ago
- Related to Tracker #13413: Support Docker v2 API in katello added
#2 Updated by Eric Helms over 7 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 86
#3 Updated by Eric Helms about 7 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) changed from 86 to 143
#4 Updated by Justin Sherrill almost 7 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) changed from 143 to 114