Cache vSphere compute resource lookups
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1285015
1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] Satellite 6 caching for compute resources
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When deploying VMs on VMware or creating/adjusting compute profiles, customer has to wait 30-60 seconds for resources from our VMware compute resource to load, before then it's not possible to do any selections.
Customer would expect Satellite 6 to be able to cache information and display it immediately.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To speed up creation of new hosts.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
By implementing cache of compute resources
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Compute resources are selected immediately without waiting while it's pooled from remote hyperviser controller
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
No as I can find
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?