Configure Foreman with syslog by default
For production instances (installations from distribution packages), having file loggers set by default is not ideal. Log rotate action needs restart of the Rails app (not sure if Rails support signal) and there are additional capabilities when logging into syslog/journald.
This ticket is to track change in packaging to configure syslog logging and log rotating by the external rotating daemon.
#1 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 7 years ago
- Related to Feature #7033: Syslog capability added
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 7 years ago
- Related to Feature #10487: As a developer, I should be able to define custom loggers and control them via settings added
#3 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 7 years ago
- Related to Refactor #12402: Configure proxy with syslog by default added
#4 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 7 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1305013
#5 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Duplicate
We added both syslog and journad in Foreman core, now there is discussion to enable it by default by the installer. See #22559.