Host group fails to auto fill puppet ca & master in discovery provisioning
We currently use mixture of helper and own code. This refactor ticket unifies this and also introduces helper method
force_inherited for host/base which can be overriden by STI in order to render particular fields inherited or not.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3354 added
- Is duplicate of Bug #14733: Puppet master and Puppet CA info in not added after host was discovered via PXE added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Duplicate
- Is duplicate of deleted (Bug #14733: Puppet master and Puppet CA info in not added after host was discovered via PXE)
- Status changed from Duplicate to Ready For Testing
I don't think you meant to mark this as a duplicate, it has a PR open.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Rejected
PR was closed, unsure if this ticket is still valid.
- Status changed from Rejected to New
It is still valid bug, but we have a workaround - new modal dialog which actually allows you to do Quick provision which workarounds the issue (#4426).
- Assignee deleted (
- Pull request deleted (
- Bugzilla link set to 1370022
I need to re-test this with current codebase, I think it may be fixed already.
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
In discovery there is the new Wizard dialog (#4426) therefore this is now lower priority.
- Project changed from Foreman to Discovery
- Subject changed from Use inherited_by_default? helper for all host fields to Host group failes to auto fill puppet ca & master in discovery provisioning
- Category deleted (
Moving the ticket to discovery, previously I made an attempt to change this in core but the patch did not make it in.
- Subject changed from Host group failes to auto fill puppet ca & master in discovery provisioning to Host group fails to auto fill puppet ca & master in discovery provisioning
- Category set to Discovery plugin
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
WORKAROUND: Use auto-provisioning or Quick Provision button.
- Related to Bug #17648: Attribute inheritance is not propagated correctly in UI/API workflows added
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Indeed a bummer :)
I think I am seeing this...
Is this bug relevant for Foreman 1.13.3 and Discovery 7.0.1?
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Also available in: Atom