Whenever you switch environment for a host group - the host group looses its puppet classes.
Whenever you switch environment for a host group - the host group looses its puppet classes. There's no warning and basically someone needs to memorize all the classes the host group had assigned.
I'd expect a warning message notifying about such a major impact, or memorizing the list of already assigned classes somewhere for easy retrieval.
- Assignee set to Ohad Levy
- Target version set to 1.0
- Target version deleted (
- Assignee deleted (
- Status changed from New to Closed
This bug has been fixed in 1.1 at least and you now have an option to manage mismatches between environments. You can see #2124 for more informations
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Closed to New
Re-opening as it sounds like the UI issue may still exist, even though the mismatch problem was fixed.
Any update on this issue? This problem is pretty devastating to the use of hostgroups for class management.
We're currently using Foreman 1.4.2 on CentOS 6.
By the way, there seem to be two workarounds for this issue:
- Use hammer (or the API) to update the hostgroup, not the UI
- If updating via the UI, change the environment in the dropdown (which will remove the classes from the Puppet Classes tab), and then refresh the page. The environment will remain the same, but if you navigate back to the Puppet Classes tab, the original classes will reappear. Click Submit.
So this does seem to be isolated to the UI.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2582 added
- Assignee set to Ondřej Pražák
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 63
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #12342: Puppet classes disapear when changing environment after cloning hostgroup added
- Has duplicate Bug #12421: Moving a hostgroup between environments loses associated puppet classes added
Also available in: Atom