Content Hosts: UI should have some indicator as if/which capsule is providing content
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1199204
Description of problem:
When a system is registered through a capsule, it subsequently shows up the Satellite's content hosts UI. However, there is no indication as to which systems are connected to capsules, if any and which those capsules are.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register n number of clients to satellite; assure some of these are subscribed directly and some are through a capsule
2. Go to content hosts UI
3. Try to identify which systems are connected to capsules (or which those capsule are)
No differentiation indicating which clients are connected to which capsules.
Ability to make said determination
- Probably would want associated CLI functionality as well.
- Not sure what else you might use this for. filter hosts based on parent capsule, etc? Unsure.
This displays the system that a host is registered through in a
'registered_through' field that is searchable and displayed in the
content host details page. If the host is registered to the main
katello server, the field will display that.
#2 Updated by Justin Sherrill almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Content Hosts: UI should have some indicator as if/which capsule is providing content to Content Hosts: UI should have some indicator as if/which capsule is providing content
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 162
- Difficulty set to medium