Assign roles and filters to usergroups
Users, Roles and Permissions
I have a use case where we want to give readonly access to set of users, but limit it to hosts that are in a specific domain. Currently, I can edit the individual users to set this permission (using the user level filters), but there is no way to do it for a set of users without actually editing each user.
I feel that anything that can be set permissions-wise for an individual user, should also be able to be done at the usergroup level. It looks like the main three things that we are missing are:
1) administrator permission
2) assigning roles
3) setting filters
It looks like there was a ticket already opened on this topic but it was resolved. http://theforeman.org/issues/1494
One thing that will need to be resolved, is what to do if there are permissions set at both the usergroup level and the user level. (Thing just a union of the permissions is the way to go.)
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
I move this ticket to "feature request" as it is wanted to add functionality to the existing permissions and not an actual bug.
- Related to Feature #812: cant assign roles to groups, just to users added
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Marek Hulán
- Target version set to 1.10.0
- Target version changed from 1.10.0 to 1.9.3
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
This is part of bigger task #812. I mark this as ready for testing since this part is done (even though it can't be merged until #812 is done).
- Target version changed from 1.9.3 to 1.9.2
- Target version changed from 1.9.2 to 1.9.1
- Target version changed from 1.9.1 to 1.9.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 4
Fixed via #812 for Foreman 1.5.0.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Also available in: Atom