Change shared_buffers PostgreSQL options to 25% of available RAM
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1165776
Description of problem:
Installed Satellite 6 on RHEL 6.5 and RHEL 7 and the postgres configuration is set to the default settings. Ex shared_buffers is 32MB and recommendation from postgres documentation is 25% of available RAM. Since Satellite 6 houses two databases with different workloads in postgres (foreman and candlepin) we need to assess configuration changes that best support performance for both databases.
This BZ is to track any suggested configuration changes to postgres for satellite 6.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 3 years ago
- Project changed from Foreman to Installer
- Subject changed from Foreman installs postgres with default configuration to Foreman installs postgres with default configuration
- Category set to External (Puppet Labs) modules
This should be filed in the Puppet MODULES project if it the default values should be changed.
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 1 year ago
- https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/commit/a6300830b37ddc1685348a135e4e79d7472ff9be allows overriding it via hiera
- https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/pull/271 changes the default to 512MB. While not 25%, should we consider this good enough that it fixes it?