Provide useful macros for templates and save_to_file helper
Looking at community templates we often repeat code around @host.operatingsystem, it's family, version, name. Another macro that would be handy is for storing the content into a file using cat << EOF > target. Ideally Foreman core should provide helpers that provides shortcuts for these, raise meaningful errors, DRY up the code between multiple templates, are testable and improve the template readability.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4216 added
Only non-host related macros are being accepted before we have proxy objects. Therefore only save_to_file will be addressed with the PR. When we have proxy objects, I'll convert those macros to host proxy methods.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from Provide useful macros for templates to Add save_to_file template helper
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 209
- Triaged set to No
- Subject changed from Add save_to_file template helper to Provide useful macros for templates and save_to_file helper
- Related to Feature #24027: Provide some macros for OS name/family and version comparsion added
Also available in: Atom