Use hostname instead IP address for finish script
In DHCP-less or external-DHCP environments, image-based provisioning cannot be seeded for virtualized environments.
We need to have opt-in option to use DNS name instead IP address for SSH checks, that will solve the issue. This must be opt-in to prevent mis-provisioning. Also users need to be aware that password or ssh key must be correct in order to connect, it's recommended to change the default password on the image after system is provisioned to something different for production systems.
- Related to Feature #18766: Acquire IP address from virtualization environments when possible added
- Related to Bug #9410: Finish script should try connect to hostname when IP address is empty added
Damn, I don't know what you do Dominic, but I never find what is in RedMine... I was checking that and failed. I assume you do Ctrl+F on lists, crazy.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4370 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 353
- Triaged set to No
Also available in: Atom