Add schema to full backup if dbfiles are corrupted
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1426448
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
To provide a more full proof backup
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer has run into the issue of database corruption. It wasn't until the database corruption started causing issues that the issue was noticed. Backups also contained the corruption.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
In the event that the binary dbfiles are corrupted, having the full schema provides a secondary restore avenue.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
As soon as possible
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
#1 Updated by Christine Fouant about 6 years ago
- Project changed from Katello to Packaging
- Category deleted (
Backup & Restore)
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello-packaging/pull/373 added
#3 Updated by Pat Riehecky almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello:katello-packaging|7aa546f3d2f954e974ef2d9210d13d34ef0d40f1.
#4 Updated by Eric Helms almost 6 years ago
- Project changed from Packaging to Katello
- Pull request deleted (
#5 Updated by Eric Helms almost 6 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 211
fixes #18925 - Add schema to full backup if dbfiles are corrupted
In the event that the binary dbfiles are corrupted, having
the full schema provides a secondary restore avenue.